The Winter Mountain Games return to Vail this February 25 – 27 for the first time since 2013 in an exciting preview of the future annual event!
The games celebrate ‘athletes, art, music and mountains’ in a spectacular culmination of events. Guests will enjoy 3 days of competition, live music at The Sebastian Concert Stage in Vail Village, film showings, gear demos, après events and more.
Live music will take place on Friday and Saturday in Vail Village and will be free to event attendees.
Friday, Feb. 25, 2022
- 5 p.m. Low Cut Connie
- 7 p.m. Galactic
Saturday, Feb. 26, 2022
- 5 p.m. TBA
- 7 p.m. Moon Taxi
Competitions will be held Friday through Sunday and include USA Skimo Competitions, Bootlegger Hill Climbing, a dog friendly snowshoe race and a fat tire bike challenge.
USA Skimo Competitions
- Friday, 4:30 p.m. Individual @ Vail Village start, Golden Peak finish
- Saturday: 12 p.m. Sprint @ Pepi’s Face/Head First
- Sunday, 7:30 a.m. Vertical @ Golden Peak
Bootlegger Hill Climb
- Saturday, 4:30 p.m. @ Golden Peak
Snowshoe 10k/5k (dog friendly!)
- Saturday, 1 p.m. @ Vail Nordic Center
Fat Tire Bike Challenge
- Sunday, 1 p.m. @ Vail Nordic Center