Battle Mountain Kids Camp
The Sebastian's Formula for Family Vacations: Engaged, Happy Kids = Peaceful, Happy Parents
Countless repeat guests and owners bring their families back year-after-year. We've been recognized as one of the premier family resorts in the country for all the comforts and amenities extended to visitors of all ages. We're proud to be voted by Travel + Leisure as #13 in its list of "American's Best Family Hotels." We know, when you bring the kids along, you'll want to enjoy a day on the mountain or in Bloom Spa or meandering the amazing shops and galleries along Vail's pedestrian thoroughfare outside our door. At the same time, the kids may need a break from the mountain. We get it, and we have the answer: our Battle Mountain Kids Camp.
This is a supervised daily program where our young VIP guests (ages 7-12 years old) learn and have fun in a safe and supervised environment in the company of peers. Battle Mountain Kids Camp programming follows a changing daily theme and combines age-appropriate field trips, activities, games, crafts, cooking, science and discovery in nature. The programs are designed to ignite curiosity, inspire imagination and create a lasting vacation memories. There are two age groups for children: The Hikers (ages 7-10 years) and The Mountaineers (ages 11-12). See below for daily programming themes and times.
The program is available for full-day or half-day. We also offer evening options if you just want the night out and family friendly amenity add-ons to enhance your stay.
To book Battle Mountain Kids Camp, call our Concierge Desk at 970.331.0016 or Click Here.
Battle Mountain Kids Camp Programming
Each day includes icebreaker activities, some fun learning time, a field trip, games, play and crafts as appropriate to the theme. Field trips and activities are subject to change and may be weather-dependent. Lunch, snacks and beverages are provided.
Monday: Magnificent Manuels
- Our art-themed day gives young imaginations room to grow. Named for renowned artist, Manuel Felguerez, whose art is displayed around the resort, this program is designed to unleash the inner artist in every camper through painting, sketching, coloring, sculpting and more.
Tuesday: Mighty Mountaineers
- This day you'll learn about the explorers and inventors who - over the past 150 years -- have helped to make skiing and snowboarding the sports they are today, including meeting with a real ski patrolman or patrolwoman who keep skiers and riders safe on the mountain.
Wednesday: Make a Splash; Bowl a Strike
- Filled with action, we'll go for a swim, hit the lanes, play some games or even catch a movie on the big screen.
Thursday: Snow How?
- Just like every child, every snowflake is unique. Amazingly, it all starts with water. In Snow How?, you'll learn how Vail mountain "makes" snow and then make snow cone yourself with the same principals.
Friday: Culinary Kids
- Learn about taste buds and flavors, savory and sweet, cooking and baking. Save room for a lip-smacking lunch that you'll make yourself!
Saturday: Colorado Critters
- Think like an animal and put yourself into their "paws" or hooves. Learn how to spot their tracks and habitats in the area.
Sunday: Icy Cold
- We love water in any form, expanding or contracting. Learn about the properties of water and ice in an icy-cool way.
Friday Night: Sparkle & Pop
- As parents relax with a grown up night in Vail, perhaps dining in Leonora, leave the kids with us. This junior version of our popular Sparkle & Pop includes their very own chef's signature White Chocolate Truffle Popcorn and sparkling cider, followed by a pizza party in Market and Game Night.
Saturday Night: S'Mores Night
- Kids will enjoy the real thing - graham crackers, melted chocolates and marshmallows after dinner in Market. Then, it's on to board games, movies and maybe even a few video games.